TAKE A STAND! O N L I N E
Nov. 2, 2000
Thanks for taking a moment to read!
First, many blessings and greetings to all the new subscribers to our newsletter!
This dispatch is a once-every-few-months look at whats happening in our lives and ministry. Well get back to the issues-oriented newsletter format again next time.
Thus far the year 2000 has been a pivotal year of change for both Melanie and I and our ministry for the Lord.
* I have completed writing not one but TWO books. The first to be released in November will be Entertaining Spirits Unaware: The End-Time Occult Invasion.
* I am currently working on three, possibly four, brand new seminars.
- "Will the Real Jesus Please Stand Up?"
- "The Rise, Fall and Redemption of America"
- "The Occult Invasion of America: Harry Potter, Pokémon and Hollywood"
- And a new seminar on Mormonism is in the works too.
* Our web site at www.ericbarger.com continues to minister to people worldwide. We now email our online newsletter to about 1000 regularly, while hundreds more visit our site for information and research each week.
* Personally, I feel refreshed and ready to hit the road again soon. The rest from travel and the writing of the two books has given me renewed vision as well as physical and spiritual energy.
* We continue to praise the Lord that the battery of tests done on Melanies heart earlier this year revealed that she has no extensive damage. Thanks for your past prayers and financial support concerning this.
* Along the way this year I have had a personal breakthrough in the realization that not only has Christ victory given us power over demonic forces but also strength in lifes daily battles. Truly nothing will harm us - including financial and physical needs - because the Lord is victor over all!
Luke 10:19 has come alive in my heart in a new way "Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you."
It is great how God has also increased my faith and dealt with my heart concerning His provision to us. In our next regular printed newsletter I will address this in depth.
With that said however, I realize that unless I lay out the needs we have you wont be aware of them. As well, I have always believed that those who give to us should know where your money is going.
This is where we are right now.
December is always the hardest month for us yearly. After 17 years in full-time ministry I am tired of repeating this but its true. After all, who wants to hear about the cults at Christmas? We understand, but it doesnt make the needs we have go away.
We thought that by now (October) we would be back on the road presenting the seminar series full-time and would have at least two months to financially prepare for the Christmas lull. But things did not work out that way. I had to dedicate an additional five weeks of editing toward the books that was not planned for. This extra effort (and the time away from traveling) did allow us to finish my second new book, Disarming the Powers of Darkness, (about practical, daily spiritual warfare) which will be released in 2001. It will include a great forward by Dr. Jerry Falwell and inside my soul I know it will touch a lot of lives for Christ in the months and years to come. But the extra time we spent has left us literally without any funds to pay bills with now.
However, there are two needs beyond just the daily bills.
We NEED to move back in closer to our daughter. Many of you know that she has been unable to work since falling ill last Spring. She and her two girls need "Papa" and "Nanny" closer to them! Often we have felt helpless being out here nearly 80 miles from Kellie and the kids. Plus, we have put over 30,000 miles on our vehicles in the past 10 months most of them between the cottage in the country in East Texas where we have been writing and researching and our daughters house in the Dallas area.
|To move and secure even the most modest place for the ministry and us we need at
least $2000 immediately over and above our monthly ministry and personal
We also NEED a new computer printer the ministry cannot function without it. The printer for our Macintosh system is out and it is not cost effective to repair it.
The cost (for a printer that faxs and copies (we do not have a copy machine either) will be about $500.
Will you help us to meet these specific needs right now? Any and every gift will count.
There is no earthly way to show our gratitude for you except a heartfelt "Thank You."
God bless you for being our earthly source and allowing the Lord to use you as together we reach souls and challenge the church in these end-times.
My very best - because He lives!
PS Please make checks payable to "Take A Stand!". If you would like to place your gift on a credit card please click here to use our secured online server or feel free to call me at 972-495-9490. Thanks again!
on the banner below will save you money on your long distance calls
and will help support our ministry! Thanks!
If you are not already a subscriber to Take A Stand! O N L I N E click here for your FREE subscription!
Take A Stand! Ministries - POB 1485 - Rowlett, TX
(972) 495-9490 www.ericbarger.com